My name is Miranda Wiley and I’m a naturopathic physician practicing out of Sage Clinic in Yaletown, Vancouver. Based on my own experience in 2014 I have a personal interest in supporting families whose newest member is in the NICU. Please click here if you are in the NICU club.
My goal as a physician is to understand where you are at in your health now, and what is and isn’t working for you so that I can best tailor a plan for you to get you where you want to be. I experienced the power of natural medicine first hand when I was in my early teens and I want you to benefit as well.
• What does health look like for you?
• What goals do you have with regards to your current symptoms, or illnesses in your family history that you would like to avoid?
• What is your lifestyle like and how willing and able are you to changing what needs to be changed? [Some elements may be unchangeable such as a high intensity, stressful school program, or an ill family member. In these cases we may be focusing on damage control for a while before we can move on to proper healing. But that’s where the art comes in.]
• Essentially, who are you, who would you like to be, and how can I help you to get there?
In my practice I am looking for people who are motivated to feel good, who believe that feeling good is the norm and any deviation from that – any lack of vitality, or obstacle to doing what you love to do – is the pathology to be addressed regardless of the form it takes (fatigue, stress, insomnia, tummy troubles, bad periods, weight changes, just feeling “off”). My best patients are those who are excited about the journey to optimal wellness and willing to show up, do the work, and reap the rewards.
There are techniques that I offer in which I take the reigns and work to retrain and educate your body or mind to behave in a way that is in alignment with optimal health, energy, and your goals. Think of updating your computer or smartphone or an app – I support your system so that the work that you do (with diet, exercise, supplements, stress management, whatever) really help and affect change. There will always be advice and information on what you can do on a day-to-day basis to get you where you want to go but sometimes we need help turning good intentions into action. I want you to feel empowered about your health, your focus, and making choices for your greatest good! “Doctor” means “Teacher” and I love that role, although there are times when “Healer” will be a more appropriate role for me to take as we navigate the journey from here to there together.
I am a naturopathic doctor determined to help you maximize your health potential and to feel AMAZING!
– Tired of feeling sick and tired?
– Doing “all the right things” in terms of diet, exercise, and lifestyle but still feeling off, or blah, or exhausted, or anything less than vital and vibrant?
– Aware that something needs to change in your life or outlook but have no idea where to start?
– Feel as though you are not behind the steering wheel of your own life?
– Lie awake at night revisiting the past or worrying about the future?
– Want to find work-life balance without giving up being “Type A”, driven, motivated, or denying the qualities that define you? Or do you want to find work-life balance without being Type A?
We might be a good fit if you are ready for change and need support and guidance along the way!
Optimal health is so much more than disease prevention. I want you to be invested in and in control of your life. If you spend a lazy afternoon (or weekend!) lounging on a sofa I want that to be because you choose to do that, and not because you’re too tired to follow your dreams.
The joy of practicing naturopathic medicine is in playing detective to unearth the root cause behind the symptom, the diagnosis, or the disease. Anemia isn’t interesting – take iron to treat it – but why someone is anemic is interesting! Is it a lack of iron in their diet? Are they not absorbing iron well? Are they losing iron/blood somehow? And every answer comes with a new set of questions (Why aren’t they absorbing iron? What needs to change to improve that?) that need to be answered in order to affect change at the deepest level with the greatest impact.
I love working with allergies, hormones including thyroid, adrenals, and sex hormones, digestion, detoxification, mental and emotional health, and mind-body awareness.
I look forward to meeting you! Call 604-697-0397 to make an appointment.